Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Santa's coming to town!

I don't think I've ever been so excited about Christmas as I am this year.  Or at least not since I actually believed in Santa Claus and made cookies, and peeked around the corner like I had to go to the bathroom, and stayed up all night.  I used to lie awake practically the entire night while everyone else was sound asleep and I was the first one up and awake.  I still am as an adult...usually the first awake.

This year holds an exception amount of excitement for me.  Santa won't actually be coming to our house on Christmas Eve but instead on Friday.  Due to our circumstances of course.  But it doesn't even seem to matter.  We will have all of our kids together.  We're going to make Christmas cookies on Friday with the little kids and let them decorate.  We'll leave them out for Santa and put them in their pjs and watch a Christmas movie.  We'll lay out all of their presents just like Santa did when I was little.  We'll watch all of their sweet faces as they enter the living room in the morning and see their presents.  Through all of the adjustments and little things we deal with, I am happier than I have ever been.  Truly happy and I just can't wait for that moment.  I have everything I have ever wanted...just about....but that's a topic for another time.  I am blessed beyond belief.

I've been looking through lots of old pictures lately.  I can't believe this will be Jack's third Christmas.  Even since last year, he has completely changed from a baby to a little boy.  I miss that so much.

First Christmas Eve

Second Christmas at Kelly's

Can't wait to see what this Christmas will bring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment