Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Where's Woody?

Ever noticed how little kids can watch the same show or movie over and over and over again?  I remember this with Kasey when she was little...first it was "101 Dalmations" and then "Free Willy."  She even went so far as to make us pretend to jump out of the water like we were whales and we called her Jesse for a few months of her life.  Jack hasn't taken it to that extreme just yet but he is absolutely obsessed with Toy Story...we probably end up watching it 3 to 6 times each day...at least there's two to choose from.  And now we have Woody and Bullseye figurines to keep up with so I probably here around 75 times a day, "where Woody?" or "where Woody hat?"  What brainiac decided to give Woody a tiny little hat that comes off?  I mean really?  I thought he wouldn't notice if it was there or not but believe me, he does.  Anyway, just a little rant as I sit here enjoying my morning coffee on this second glorious day of summer and already watching the credits for our first run of Toy Story this morning.  I'm going to just enjoy it and soak it all in for I know these moments will be fast and fleeting and before I know it, Jack will want to stay at a friend's or be asking me for the car keys.

On another note, this is the summer of DIY.....for all you on Pinterest, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  I have made my dining room table my craft area and have already finished two projects - wire-wrapped rings and a distressed, turquoise shelf for my bathroom.  Old houses come with absolutely no storage so you have to be creative.  My goal is to do one craft a day so we'll see what I've accomplished by the end of the week.  Can't wait to share....Happy Summer to all my teacher friends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, Faye has been on the Toy Story wagon for probably 2 years now. At least they're good movies- it could be worse!

    ReplyDelete