Friday, May 18, 2012

"You're doing it wrong!"

Lately, I feel like this is an exact desciption of my life.  I constantly hear this quote from "Mr.Mom" running through my head.  You see, Jack is now 2.  What comes with growing up and being able to do and say all kinds of new things is the terrible two's.  I have heard of this time and time again....hell, I teach Child Development. But seeing this in your own child is a different story.  I feel like I'm constantly disciplining, timing out, trying to keep my cool. 
And I hear this voice in the back of my head again.  I'm afraid I'm messing up royally.  This week has been a very trying week for all of us.  Jack was sick on his birthday, we had an eventful weekend, and we've been a little off schedule this week. I was at my "I've had it" moment on Wednesday night and then Thursday came.  It was a much better day for all of us and just what I needed to remind myself that I can do this.  I feel even worse sometimes because I have so many blessings and so much to be thankful for and complaining just makes me feel worse.  So there's my story for the week and I'll leave it at that.

On to other events, Jack's 2nd birthday party went off without a hitch.  He and I are blessed beyond belief that we had so many people come to spend the day with us.  It was a great day and I think he really enjoyed it.  Sunday was Mother's Day and I don't know that I've ever felt more special.  I got a new watch from my mom and dad, a gigantic ruler from Kelly and Tony (you hang it vertically to measure your child's growth throughout the years...oh so cool!  Can't wait to give these as baby shower gifts!), a giftcard to Bliss from Jared, and an oh-so-cute tie-dyed dress/skirt from Jack(aka Jared). They made me feel wonderful and I'm so lucky.  We had breakfast at my house and gave my mom and Peggy a much deserved break from cooking.  It was the best weekend we've had in a long time. 

Pictures to come from the events this past weekend once I figure out how to upload from my new camara!

No comments:

Post a Comment