Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Rewards

The other day I was given one of the best rewards ever.  Jack and I spent the weekend together - just the two of us.  It was just what we needed and I'm definitely reaping the rewards this week.  Jack came in and asked me for a chip and when I gave it to him he said, "thank you, mommy" - no coaching, no bribing, no begging and pleading from him.  I turned and looked out the window and felt pure joy - I am doing my  job as a mother and I was proud of myself. 

My little love is going to be two in five days.  I can't believe it.  To think of how different life was two years ago at this time....different doesn't even begin to describe it.  I was married, we were preparing for our first child, I was on bedrest anxiously awaiting his arrival and worried about what was to come.  Two difficult, dramatic, and trying years have gone by and life is completely different.  But better than ever.  I saw this picture yesterday that said "It's never too late to live happily ever after." My thoughts exactly. 

I leave you with my little love's 2 year pictures.  He is not a baby anymore but a little boy....a little boy with the sweetest smile, infectious giggle, and a beautiful heart. 








No comments:

Post a Comment