Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life unplugged

I haven't done a post in awhile due to my work laptop attaining a virus and my personal laptop finally crashing after almost 10 years of good use.  We moved Jared's computer over, which is very handy, but then I decided to go at least a month and just enjoy my summer so I actually had something to post about.  Wedding planning is coming along great - sweet and simple is the idea.  It is kind of amazing how sweet and simple still requires lots of detail, thought, and money.  But oh well, you only get married once, right?  I mean twice. That's it.  No more. :)  Hey, I have to find some humor in it all.  And knowing that the path that we've both been down has led to each other and the best friend I could ever have has been worth every single second.

So in the past month, I've finished most of the projects on my list (with the exception of potty training but everyone I know says wait with boys), finished lots of wedding projects, and taken a couple of mini-vacations.  We floated the river kid-free and last week we spend four days at the lake as a family and with family.  Schlitterbahn, Gruene Hall, Landa Park, swimming in the river, smores...you name it.  We were all waterlogged and sunburned but had a great time together and I will cherish these moments forever.  It was very special and I'm so glad we did it. 
Gruene Hall
Riding the train at Landa Park
Swimming at Landa Park

Here's to a week and a half left of summer!  Jack is still replying "nope" when I ask him if he's going to school...Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment